Class dates and times:
May 15th, May 22nd, May 29th, June 5th, BREAK, June 26th, and July 3rd
It’s a 6-session educational program. All classes run from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Tomah Memorial Hospital.
Classes are free, but registration is required. Please click below to register.
NAMI Basics is a free, 6-session educational program for parents and caregivers of a child or adolescent living with mental illness.
NAMI Basics offers education and support. Taught by parents who have lived similar experiences with their own children. NAMI Basics is an educational program that provides learning and practical insights for families.
Course elements include:
- The trauma of mental illness for the child and the family
- The biology of mental illness and getting an accurate diagnosis
- The latest research on the medical aspects of the illness and advances in treatment
- An overview of treatment options – treatment works
- The impact of the child’s mental illness on the rest of the family – caregivers and siblings
- An overview of the systems involved in caring for children and teens
If you are interested in taking this class, please click here to be notified when the class is scheduled.